Top 5 reasons to BUY now
You may be wondering whether this is a good time to buy - we feel it is a great time... And here’s why…
1. Interest rates are at a record low.
2. The Victorian Government has reduced stamp duty by up to 50% for eligible properties with a dutiable value of up to $1 million.
3. The Australian Government’s HomeBuilder Grant, for people building a new home or substantially renovating an existing home, or to buy an off the plan home/new home.
4. First Home - Owner Grant (FHOG) of up to $20,000 for regional Victoria, and $10,000 for none regional Victoria. The home must be less than five years old to be eligible for the FHOG.
5. First Home - Owner stamp duty concession.
Here are some tips on how you can give yourself the BEST chance to secure your new home!
It is always smart to work out your budget (with your Bank or Mortgage Broker) to know exactly what your limits are. It can be all too easy for emotion to get in the way, especially when you are seeing so many other buyers searching for a home, just like you!
Be sensible, make sure your offer is within the budget... better yet, calculate your repayments based on a 5% interest rate, if you can afford the repayments at that level, you will be covered if/when interest rates increase.
Another tip to consider... if you find you are being outbid on properties in your preferred suburb.... look a bit further out. Coronavirus has taught many employers that there is a great benefit for their staff to work from home, or to come into the office 1-2 days rather than 5 days per week. This has also meant that employees are benefitting from being able to live a bit further away, enjoying a more stress - free life.